Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An unusual (for me) blend of ingredients in a non-mayo potato salad. I prefer it warm but the original recipe does suggest serving it chilled. Your choice.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, in 1 inch cuts
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook 20 minutes or until tender.
- Add the green beans to the potatoes and cook 2 minutes more or until beans are crisp-tender. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tablespoons of the yummy marinade.
- Chop artichokes and add to potatoes and beans. Toss in the olives.
- Combine reserved artichoke marinade, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, tossing to coat. Cover and chill.
- Serving = 1 cup.
all i can say is yum. oh yeah delicious and wonderful. we loved this. i actually sprinkle some crumbled feta on top and quadrapled the kalamata olives. terrific recipe!!!
Thanks for a great tasting recipe. I'm always looking for easy recipes to make for DH's lunch. This is definitely a keeper. The only change I made was to leave out the green beans (he doesn't like them) & I added onions & 1 boiled egg.
This was good. My DH really enjoyed it. I thought it needed a little more dressing. But a nice change of pace from regular potato salad.