1/1 Photo of Potato & Beetroot Salad ( Cyprus Dish )
A delicious Cyprus salad. Potatoes, beetroot, olive oil and lemon juice are the main ingredients. You can be creative and leave behind or add any ingredients you like ( like tomato, cabbage or cucumber ).You can also use more olive oil or lemon juice if you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes or thin slices.
- 2To boil fresh beetroot, the roots are placed in a pan of lightly salted water, covered and simmered for between 45 minutes and two hours, depending on their size. Small beets and minibeet varieties may cook in as little as 30 minutes. Large mature roots may take at least two hours to cook. After boiling, beetroot can be refreshed in cold water, which also cools them enough for the skins to be easily removed. Peel them and cut into small pieces. You can use pickled beetroot if you like.
- 3Add the chopped spring onion and sliced eggs.
- 4Mix these ingredients together and add the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and salt.
- 5Serve with feta cheese or cottage cheese.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato & Beetroot Salad ( Cyprus Dish )
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 181.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 11.1 g