I came across this recipe in the most serendipitous manner...on my way to work going 50mph I saw some trash blowing across the road...it got stuck to my car and I could hear it fluttering all the way to work. When I got out of my car I found a piece of newspaper stuck to my front grill. I took it off and what was it? A torn out page from a week old newspaper that has 4 yummy sounding recipes! Wow. I feel obligated to post them now.
- 2 lbs prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons butter (my guess it didn't state how much)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (recipe says 1 cup!)
- 2 bunches green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 large tomato, peeled and cored
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Pour lemon juice over cleaned shrimps in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet, saute green onions, garlic, celery, parsley and canned tomatoes until celery is tender. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add clam broth, cook for another 5 minutes and remove from fire.
- In another pan, saute shrimp in butter until they are pink (Leave them a little undercooked as they will continue to cook in the sauce).
- Pour the tomato sauce mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish; place the whole peeled and cored tomato in the center, surround it with shrimp; sprinkle entire casserole with oregano. Pour the white wine around the shrimp and sprinkle feta cheese over the shrimp and tomato center. Bake for 15 minutes or until feta melts.