1/4 Photos of Prawns in Spicy Tomato Sauce With Feta Cheese
I came across this recipe in the most serendipitous manner...on my way to work going 50mph I saw some trash blowing across the road...it got stuck to my car and I could hear it fluttering all the way to work. When I got out of my car I found a piece of newspaper stuck to my front grill. I took it off and what was it? A torn out page from a week old newspaper that has 4 yummy sounding recipes! Wow. I feel obligated to post them now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons butter (my guess it didn't state how much)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (recipe says 1 cup!)
- 2 bunches green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 large tomato, peeled and cored
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Pour lemon juice over cleaned shrimps in a bowl and set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet, saute green onions, garlic, celery, parsley and canned tomatoes until celery is tender. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 4Add clam broth, cook for another 5 minutes and remove from fire.
- 5In another pan, saute shrimp in butter until they are pink (Leave them a little undercooked as they will continue to cook in the sauce).
- 6Pour the tomato sauce mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish; place the whole peeled and cored tomato in the center, surround it with shrimp; sprinkle entire casserole with oregano. Pour the white wine around the shrimp and sprinkle feta cheese over the shrimp and tomato center. Bake for 15 minutes or until feta melts.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawns in Spicy Tomato Sauce With Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.2
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 278.4 mg
- Sodium 1936.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 33.5 g