Not yet tried but stored here for safe keeping! From my well quoted Falling Cloudberries cookbook by Tessa Kiros. Looks fab...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the prawns and cut a slit down the back from the bottom of the head to the beginning of the tail. Remove the dark vein, rinse under running water and drain well.
- 2Dot about 80g of the butter over the base of a large cast iron casserole dish.
- 3Arrange a single layer of prawns in the dish and season with salt.
- 4Scatter over approximately 1/3 of the garlic and parsley over the top, and sprinkle with a little peri peri / chilli powder.
- 5Dot about half the butter over the top of the first layer or prawns and arrange a second layer on top.
- 6Scatter with garlic, parsely and peri peri / chilli powder.
- 7Repeat for a third layer, using the remaining of the ingredients.
- 8Put the casserole dish lid on and cook over a medium-high heat for approximately 10 mins until the prawns have brightened and their flesh is white.
- 9Add the lemon juice and crumble the feta cheese over the top.
- 10Rock the dish from side to side to spread the sauce about.
- 11Cover the casserole dish again and cook for a further 10mins or until the feta has melted, shaking the pan again to mix the juices up.
- 12Serve immediately (you'll need finger bowls!).
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawns With Lemon, Peri Peri, Garlic & Feta
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 784.8
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 637.2 mg
- Sodium 1433.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 78.1 g