Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not yet tried but stored here for safe keeping! From my well quoted Falling Cloudberries cookbook by Tessa Kiros. Looks fab...
- Clean the prawns and cut a slit down the back from the bottom of the head to the beginning of the tail. Remove the dark vein, rinse under running water and drain well.
- Dot about 80g of the butter over the base of a large cast iron casserole dish.
- Arrange a single layer of prawns in the dish and season with salt.
- Scatter over approximately 1/3 of the garlic and parsley over the top, and sprinkle with a little peri peri / chilli powder.
- Dot about half the butter over the top of the first layer or prawns and arrange a second layer on top.
- Scatter with garlic, parsely and peri peri / chilli powder.
- Repeat for a third layer, using the remaining of the ingredients.
- Put the casserole dish lid on and cook over a medium-high heat for approximately 10 mins until the prawns have brightened and their flesh is white.
- Add the lemon juice and crumble the feta cheese over the top.
- Rock the dish from side to side to spread the sauce about.
- Cover the casserole dish again and cook for a further 10mins or until the feta has melted, shaking the pan again to mix the juices up.
- Serve immediately (you'll need finger bowls!).