Preserving grape leaves to stuff with any mixture you desire using your own fresh young grape leaves.The grape leaves should be picked in the spring and remove the tough stem.
- Bring salted water to a boil.
- Add washed grape leaves and blanch for 30 seconds.
- Stack them on each other into 2 piles then form into loose rolls and stand each roll up in 2 pint canning jars.
- Add lemon juice or citric acid to the second quart of water and bring to a boil.
- Fill jars within 1/2 inch of top with the hot mixture.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.