A very tasty fish dish done in the style of Spetses, an island close to Athens.
Make and share this Psari a la Spetsiota (Fish done in the style of Spetses) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the fish in a glass baking dish large enough to contain it in one layer and sprinkle the fish with the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Peel one tomato and'grate' through the large holes of a box grater into a bowl to catch the pulp and juices; add the tomato paste (thinned in a bit of water), garlic, parsley, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the fish.
- Slice the other tomato in thick slices (if using tinned tomato, you can forego this part), place the slices over the fish and top with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.