Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 13 mins
Cook 40 mins
a sauce from ancient greece!
Make and share this Pungent Brine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed & patted dry
- 2 teaspoons marjoram or 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1 leaf mustard greens or 1 leaf kale or 3 leaves arugula, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons bay leaves, chopped fine
- combine the garlic,anchovies,marjoram,mustard greens & raisins(if using) & pound to puree with a pestle.
- stir in the olive oil,water & bay leaves.
- set aside fo at least 30 minuites before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
- the sauce will seperate;stir it immediately before serving.