abe ray's Note:
a sauce from ancient greece!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed & patted dry
- 2 teaspoons marjoram or 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1 leaf mustard greens or 1 leaf kale or 3 leaves arugula, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons bay leaves, chopped fine
- 1combine the garlic,anchovies,marjoram,mustard greens & raisins(if using) & pound to puree with a pestle.
- 2stir in the olive oil,water & bay leaves.
- 3set aside fo at least 30 minuites before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
- 4the sauce will seperate;stir it immediately before serving.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pungent Brine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (3 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 35
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 8.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: