Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this on a fresh oregano package. Says to serve it with your favorite crackers, crusty bread or pita toasts. I think it would be great with fresh veggies as well.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread feta evenly in a 9x6x1 shallow baking dish.
- Arrange tomatoes across the top of the feta.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle oregano and black pepper over the top.
- Broil mixture 2-3 inches from heat until cheese is bubbling, about 5-8 minutes.
I couldn't believe how tasty this was, considering how easy it was! This is a great appetizer with ingredients that I almost always have on hand. The hot feta was divine on pita chips. Next time I'll try the roasted red peppers that another reviewer mentioned.
Oh my gosh!! This is just too darn good. I didn't have oregano, so used basil. The dish didn't even make it to the table (I'm not kidding) my bf & I hung over the top of the stove scooping it up with Ritz crackers until it was all gone. Thanks for posting.
Featured in my Book#237470. Originally reviewed on June 9, 2008. OMG, Engrossed this is wonderful and so easy. Right on with the ingredients and timing. I can't wait to share this with others. Thank you for a winner! Made for ZWT4 for the Flying Dutchess'.