From ifoodtv.com And if you have extra pepperoncini juice look at this link http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=334244
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces chickpeas, drained
- 6 pepperoncini peppers (or more)
- 12 kalamata olives
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, sliced and cut into eighths
- 1⁄2 cup Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, DIVIDED
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- For the dressing: combine minced garlic with one teaspoon of oregano and lemon juice, slowly whisk in olive oil, season with salt and taste-you want a salty taste in the dressing, add pepper.
- For salad: layer romaine, bell pepper, red onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and pepperoncinis.
- Sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of oregano.
- Whisk and drizzle dressing over the top.
Absolutely great tasting salad! I did cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us, but other than that . . . Enjoyed the wonderfully refreshing flavor combo! Many thanks! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
This has a delicious dressing. I used baby romaine leaves, no bell pepper out of preference, we didn't so much like the chickpeas in this as they were not easy to pick up with our forks, I had to omit the pepperoncini peppers since I don't know what they are and we are not for peppers anyway both spice wise and not. I didn't add the kalamata olives either as I just ran out. I used baby cucumbers, goats feta cheese which is Greek, freshly squeezed lemon juice, an unrefined extra virgin olive oil which is much healthier and tastier than refined, sea salt & freshly ground black pepper plus all the rest of the ingredients listed. Made for ZWT6 for Greece/Cyprus region, for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood.
This really was quick and easy! I literally threw it together in less than 10 minutes, then ran off to work! Great tasting salad and great dressing. Made for ZWT 6.