1/1 Photo of Quick & Easy Spinach and Feta Phyllo Pie
Vino Girl's Note:
I got this recipe in my email yesterday and made it immediately. We had it for dinner, but it would be wonderful for brunch. Although the original recipe did not call for reduced fat dairy products, using them makes this a nice and healthy dish. I used nonfat cottage cheese and full fat feta. The recipe is from Crisco. Cook time does not include standing time - the recipe suggests allowing it to stand 15 minutes before cutting, but mine was plenty firm after just five.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained and squeezed dry
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled or chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 10 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Spray an 8x8 glass baking dish with the cooking spray.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together everything except the phyllo.
- 3Lay one sheet of phyllo in the baking dish, allowing the edges to hang over the sides of the dish.
- 4Spray with cooking spray.
- 5Repeat with 4 more sheets of phyllo, spraying and alternating the direction of each sheet.
- 6Spoon spinach mixture on top of the prepared phyllo in the pan.
- 7Spray and layer remaining 5 sheets just the same as you did before.
- 8Roll edges of dough to form a rim.
- 9Spray the top.
- 10Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Let stand 5-15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Spinach and Feta Phyllo Pie
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.5
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 214.0 mg
- Sodium 1094.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 21.2 g