1/4 Photos of Quick Kalitsounia (Feta Cheese Rolls)
Entered for safe-keeping, from Kathy Smith, Salt Lake City, Utah, as submitted to BH&G. This is a classic Greek recipe made with refrigerated biscuits. Edited 12/12/08: Per various sources, add a drop or two of water where you want the dough to stick together and press the dough together. Do not add any more water than absolutely necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease baking sheet or use ungreased silicone baking mat on baking sheet.
- 2In a small bowl combine the first beaten egg, the feta cheese, and snipped parsley.
- 3Separate biscuits.
- 4On a lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit to a 4-inch circle, about 1/8-inch thick.
- 5Place 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture in the center of each dough circle. Fold two opposite edges of circles to center; fold remaining two opposite edges to center, forming a square packet. Pinch edges together to seal.
- 6Place rolls seam side up on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- 7Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Kalitsounia (Feta Cheese Rolls)
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Sodium 361.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g