Not authentic, but way healthier and much quicker!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb ground beef or 1/2 lb ground turkey or 1/2 lb soy crumbles
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2toss cubed eggplant with 3 tablespoons olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute onions and ground beef in 1 tablespoon olive oil until beef is browned and onions transparent.
- 4Add garlic, cinnamon, oregano and salt and pepper and saute for about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and parsley and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 5In small bowl, combine egg with cheeses.
- 6Place roasted eggplant in bottom of 1.5 quart baking dish. Layer beef/tomato mixture on top.
- 7Spread cheese mixture on top, covering entire dish to the edges.
- 8Broil for 8-10 minutes or until browned in some areas.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Moussaka
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.4
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 582.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese