Nimita Patel's Note:
My FAVORITE burger ever- made with chicken or turkey meat it's healthy, but filling. I have also grilled the burgers on the barbeque, and they come out better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red onion, 1/2 chopped (save other half for topping!)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/3 lbs ground chicken breast or 1 1/3 lbs ground turkey breast, 1 package
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (or other seasoning of your choice)
- 1Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2To one side, add a little extra-virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
- 3When butter melts, add the chopped garlic and chopped red onion and cook 5 minutes.
- 4Transfer the onions and garlic to a bowl to cool. Return pan to heat.
- 5Wring the defrosted spinach dry buy twisting it in a clean kitchen towel over your sink.
- 6Separate the spinach as you add it to the bowl with cool onions, garlic and season with 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- 7Add in feta crumbles then chicken or turkey, grill seasoning and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 8Mix and form into 4 patties, 1-inch thick. Raise heat on pan to medium-high.
- 9Add patties and cook 6 inches on each side.
- 10Place on buns, top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and red onion.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Spanakopita Burger
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 129.8 mg
- Sodium 578.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 39.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning