Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My FAVORITE burger ever- made with chicken or turkey meat it's healthy, but filling. I have also grilled the burgers on the barbeque, and they come out better.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red onion, 1/2 chopped (save other half for topping!)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground chicken breast or 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey breast, 1 package
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (or other seasoning of your choice)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- To one side, add a little extra-virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
- When butter melts, add the chopped garlic and chopped red onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Transfer the onions and garlic to a bowl to cool. Return pan to heat.
- Wring the defrosted spinach dry buy twisting it in a clean kitchen towel over your sink.
- Separate the spinach as you add it to the bowl with cool onions, garlic and season with 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Add in feta crumbles then chicken or turkey, grill seasoning and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Mix and form into 4 patties, 1-inch thick. Raise heat on pan to medium-high.
- Add patties and cook 6 inches on each side.
- Place on buns, top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and red onion.