This is an easy-to-make, fabulous appetizer or main dish. Unlike other Mediterranean pizzas posted on the Zaar, this one features ricotta cheese as the base. The rest of the ingredients are easily substituted according to personal tastes. I like it with spinach, kalamata olives, sauteed mushrooms, and fresh Roma tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Unroll dough; place on greased cookie sheet.
- Starting at center, press out dough with fingers to form 15x10-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper & lightly drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake at 425°F for 7 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- Spread ricotta, smoked Gouda, & roasted garlic on top.
- Distribute onions, tomatoes & eggplant on pizza and put back in oven for 6-8 minutes or until crust is golden brown.