Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy-to-make, fabulous appetizer or main dish. Unlike other Mediterranean pizzas posted on the Zaar, this one features ricotta cheese as the base. The rest of the ingredients are easily substituted according to personal tastes. I like it with spinach, kalamata olives, sauteed mushrooms, and fresh Roma tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Unroll dough; place on greased cookie sheet.
- Starting at center, press out dough with fingers to form 15x10-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper & lightly drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake at 425°F for 7 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- Spread ricotta, smoked Gouda, & roasted garlic on top.
- Distribute onions, tomatoes & eggplant on pizza and put back in oven for 6-8 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Lovely and versatile! I did roast eggplant, onion and garlic all together and caramelize with some balsamico and sugar. Also added some rosemary. Yum!
This was exactly what I was looking for. SOOOO delicious. I did what PaulaG did and roasted everything in the oven. Smelled wonderful, and I came up with other dishes I could make. I will definitely make this again, this is easily one of my favorites.
This is one of those recipes that you would really like to give more stars to. I did take some liberty with the veggies. The eggplant was cubed and placed into a casserole dish along with cloves of fresh garlic and quartered mushrooms. They were all drizzled with olive oil and roasted at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. I also added some halved kalamata olives to the toppings. Absolutely delicious. Made for PAC Spring 2008.