1/5 Photos of Really Authentic Greek Salad
Just got back from a trip to Greece! I thought I knew what Greek salad was until I ordered one and got this concoction devoid of lettuce... haha. But it turned out to be my absolute favorite dish there and I ordered it many times. The key is to have the very freshest ingredients, including the feta. This makes a main dish for one person, or a side dish to share between 2 or 3. Easily fits into many special diets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium tomato, halved and thickly sliced (add another if serving more than one person)
- 1 cucumber, sliced to 1/4 inch (peeling is optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and seeded, sliced into rings
- 1 -2 slice red onion, separated into rings
- 5 -10 kalamata olives
- 1/4 lb Greek feta cheese, sliced thickly
- dried greek oregano (Rigani)
- top quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1Arrange all vegetables, prepared as listed, on a serving platter.
- 2Top with Greek feta slices.
- 3Sprinkle liberally with Greek oregano.
- 4Serve EVOO on the side for those who enjoy a drizzle of it.
- 5Eat and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really Authentic Greek Salad
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.8
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.1 mg
- Sodium 1445.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 20.5 g