1 hr 15 mins
A moist semolina cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fine semolina (or Farina)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated (reserve whites)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
For the syrup
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease the bottom and sides of a 9"x13" pan.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, semolina, and baking powder.
- 4Use a mixer to cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- 5With the mixer still running, add the eggs one by one. Continue mixing until a light yellow color.
- 6Add the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- 7Clean the beaters and whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- 8Using a spatula, carefully fold the egg whites into the batter until just incorporated. The best way to do this carefully is to add the eggs in thirds.
- 9Pour the batter into the pan, using the spatula to smooth it out, and bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 10Meanwhile, make the syrup by adding the water, sugar, and orange peel to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 11Add the lemon juice and allow to cool.
- 12Once the cake has finished baking, pour the syrup over it while the cake is still warm.
- 13When the cake has cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar, cinnamon, and the almonds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Revani (Greek Semolina Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (1748 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4202.0
- Calories from Fat 1069
- Total Fat 118.8 g
- Saturated Fat 68.9 g
- Cholesterol 912.6 mg
- Sodium 1598.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 733.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 501.7 g
- Protein 61.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of