1/1 Photo of Revithopilafo (Chickpea Pilaf)
Chickpeas are so good done in this simple pilaf. This is 'wetter' than a regular pilaf as this type of cooking in Greece closely resembles a risotto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onion in olive oil until translucent.
- 2Add rice and stir to coat with oil.
- 3Cook rice in oil for 2 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, heat water and add saffron.
- 5Add water to rice along with the tomato puree and chickpeas.
- 6Season to taste.
- 7Cook, at a slow simmer, for 20-25 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- 8Remove from heat and gently stir in lemon juice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Revithopilafo (Chickpea Pilaf)
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.6
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 188.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g