I have not made this yet. My sister sent this to me. She said they only used 1/4 t cardamon because they did not went it to be the dominant flavor.
- 4 stalks rhubarb, ends and leaves trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup light-colored honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 cups Greek yogurt or 4 cups regular yogurt, drained overnight and refrigerated
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Cut the rhubarb into one-inch pieces and put into a small saucepan with 1/4 cup water.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then decrease the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- When the rhubarb starts to soften, after about 5 minutes, stir in the cardamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Break up any large pieces of rhubarb.
- Continue to simmer, covered, until the rhubarb is completely softened, about 4 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the honey and vanilla extract.
- Let cool.
- Add the rose water.
- To serve:.
- Put 1/2 cup of Greek-style yogurt in each bowl and top with a few tablespoons of the rhubarb.
- Scatter a few tablespoons of pistachios over the top.