1/1 Photo of Rhubarb and Pistachios over Thick Yogurt
Charlotte J's Note:
I have not made this yet. My sister sent this to me. She said they only used 1/4 t cardamon because they did not went it to be the dominant flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 stalks rhubarb, ends and leaves trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup light-colored honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 cups Greek yogurt or 4 cups regular yogurt, drained overnight and refrigerated
- 1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1Cut the rhubarb into one-inch pieces and put into a small saucepan with 1/4 cup water.
- 2Cover and bring to a boil, then decrease the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 3When the rhubarb starts to soften, after about 5 minutes, stir in the cardamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- 4Break up any large pieces of rhubarb.
- 5Continue to simmer, covered, until the rhubarb is completely softened, about 4 minutes more.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir in the honey and vanilla extract.
- 7Let cool.
- 8Add the rose water.
- 9To serve:.
- 10Put 1/2 cup of Greek-style yogurt in each bowl and top with a few tablespoons of the rhubarb.
- 11Scatter a few tablespoons of pistachios over the top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb and Pistachios over Thick Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: