Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very simple to make and so flavorful- this is a real treat!
Make and share this Roasted Asparagus with Feta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4-2 lbs fresh crisp asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 -4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon (juice of, no seeds)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a small pan over low heat until garlic becomes golden and oil becomes fragrant; remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Bend asparagus gently until it breaks at a natural point and discard ends.
- Toss asparagus pieces with infused olive oil and place in a single layer on a baking sheet (one with a side edge).
- Season asparagus with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle asparagus with crumbled feta cheese.
- Roast at 400F for 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and squeeze the lemons over the asparagus, being careful to catch the seeds.
- Serve hot.
Wow! Easy but looks impressive when served and the flavor...wow. I tried to take a shortcut the second time I made this and pour the oil and spices over the asparagus rather than tossing - bad idea! Having everything very coated is important to proper cooking. Silly move, I know, but figured I'd put it out there in case others get tempted :)
My wife and I found this about a year ago one of the best asparagus EVER! We use a zipper bag to really coat the asparagus. Also, try broiling for the last 1-2 min or feta browns mmmmmmmm.
Absolutely yummy! I could just about live on this stuff. I left out the parsley (subbed basil but only about a teaspoon) and the red pepper. Everyone scarfed it up. It is now the veggie dish most requested at my house. The only problem with this is that so often market asparagus is overgrown and tough so it's only good when the asparagus is. I absolutely loved the taste, so tried the same recipe for the infused oil and feta with sliced tomato under the broiler for just a few minutes. That is delicious too!