1/2 Photos of Roasted Beet and Olive Salad
1 hr 15 mins
This salad also needs to stand at room temp for one hour before serving -- not in estimated prep time. Recipe source: Redbook (June 2010)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium beets, cut off tops of the beets and washed (red and golden)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 orange, slices and then cut into small triangles
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Wrap beets separately in foil and then roast them for 1 hour until tender. Cool to room temperature and then peel the beets and cut them into 3/4 inch pieces.
- 3In a large serving bowl whisk together dressing ingredients (oil - allspice) and then add the beets, olives and oranges to the bowl and toss.
- 4Let marinate one hour at room temperature before serving.
- 5Add mint and toss again.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beet and Olive Salad
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.2
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 296.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar