1/2 Photos of Roasted Eggplant and Feta
Susiecat too's Note:
This is a Greek recipe. This can be used to top a salad of baby spinach or other greens, pasta, couscous or any other similar thing. Or, scoop it up on small bites of good crusty bread, or serve as a variation of eggplant bruschetta. It can be served as an appetizer, a side dish, or a meatless main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggplants, cubed
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- fresh oregano sprig (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place eggplant cubes in a shallow baking pan; toss with 1/2 cup olive oil, salt to taste, bake until cubes are soft but not mushy -- about 30 minutes.
- 3Set aside to cool.
- 4Whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, onion, garlic, and oregano in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Toss about half the dressing with eggplant.
- 6Put eggplant mixture on top of salad leaves, cooked pasta, couscous or slices of bread or toasts.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese and olives, drizzle with remaining dressing.
- 8Garnish with fresh oregano sprigs if desired.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.5
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 467.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g