My favorite recipe for hummus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast garlic by slicing the top off a head of garlic, wrap it in foil along with some olive oil and bake until soft. (about 45 min at 350 degrees f) This can be done several days in advance.
- 2Roughly chop the red peppers, saving about a tablespoon for garnish.
- 3Squeeze roasted garlic into a blender.
- 4Add peppers, olive oil, tahini,lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt and cumin.
- 5Process until smooth.
- 6Drain and rinse chick peas, then add to blender.
- 7Blend until smooth.
- 8Taste and adjust salt using the full tsp if needed.
- 9Scrape hummus into a small bowl with a lid.
- 10Drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
- 11Chop the reserved red pepper and place on the center of the hummus.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1037.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g