Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My favorite recipe for hummus.
Make and share this Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- Roast garlic by slicing the top off a head of garlic, wrap it in foil along with some olive oil and bake until soft. (about 45 min at 350 degrees f) This can be done several days in advance.
- Roughly chop the red peppers, saving about a tablespoon for garnish.
- Squeeze roasted garlic into a blender.
- Add peppers, olive oil, tahini,lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt and cumin.
- Process until smooth.
- Drain and rinse chick peas, then add to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt using the full tsp if needed.
- Scrape hummus into a small bowl with a lid.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
- Chop the reserved red pepper and place on the center of the hummus.