These potatoes are just like the ones at our favourite Greek restaurant...Paros Taverna. They are lemony with just the right balance of garlic and oregano. I never weigh the potatoes...and I always double the liquid mixture....as we like lots of the reduction. I have reduced the salt to 1 tsp as the lemon/garlic/herb takes care of most of the flavour. And most of us don't need that much salt. The roasting time is appoximate as to the size of the potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine water, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper in bowl.
- Peel potatoes and leave whole.
- Place potatoes in baking dish and pour liquid over all.
- Bake for 30 minutes and turn potatoes over.
- Repeat this procedure until potatoes are cooked and the liquid has reduced.
- Serve potatoes with a spoonful of the reduction.