1/3 Photos of Roasted Potatoes With Whole Garlic, Lemon and Oregano
Taken from "The Foods of The Greek Islands" written by Aglaia Kremezi. This is most always served with lamb or roasted chicken. Use small potatoes for this if you can, quarter or half them and leave the peel on, they absorb more flavor when they are cut and cooked in the juices. This lemon potato dish has extreme flavor, and the recipe can be doubled, try this dish with your next roasted chicken dinner, you will have rave reviews!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs potatoes (use small if possible and cut into about 1-1/2 - 2 inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or more)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (no subs!)
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, separated into smaller cloves and skins removed (can use two whole bulbs if desired)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (rubbed between fingers, can increase to up to 1 tablespoon)
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (no bottled please!)
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a small cup or bowl, whisk together the oil and melted butter; add in dried oregano and mix well.
- 4Place the potatoes and whole garlic cloves in a large bowl.
- 5Pour the oil/butter mixture over the potatoes and the garlic; toss well to coat.
- 6Season with salt and pepper (you can use seasoning salt in place of regular salt, I most always do!) toss well to coat.
- 7Place the potatoes in the baking dish in a single layer, and bake for 15 minutes (if you are lucky enough to have a convection/roast setting on your oven, then use it for this recipe).
- 8Remove and add in the chicken stock; toss the potatoes to coat well, and place back in the oven for about 10 minutes more.
- 9Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice; toss and place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes more.
- 10**NOTE** if you like you can preheat the broiler, and broil the potatoes for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, but that is optional.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Potatoes With Whole Garlic, Lemon and Oregano
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 279.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g