Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a creamy soup served over crumbled feta - and very easy to prepare. You can substitute roasted bell peppers for the Florina (Greek) or Piquillo (Spanish) peppers. They are located next to the red bell peppers on the grocer's shelf. Chop the peppers before adding
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil over low heat until soft.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, chicken stock, basil and salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer gently for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Let cool, puree in blender & return to pan; keep covered.
- To serve, add cream to the soup and slowly re-heat.
- Divide feta between four soup bowls, pour in soup and serve.