Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Thick, hearty dip that is great with pita chips or tortilla chips. As an optional ingredient, I sometimes fold in chopped Kalamata olives. Enjoy!
- Place the garlic on aluminum foil, coat with the olive oil and wrap tightly.
- Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the garlic cloves and place garlic in a blender.
- Add the roasted red peppers and lemon juice and puree.
- Add the cumin, cilantro, cream cheese, sour cream and blend until well mixed.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
ZWT4: I made this midafternoon and just now, this evening, got to give it a taste. Outstanding!! My hubby and I ate it for a late evening snack with chips and veggies!! I did add the kalamata olives per the suggestions in the reviews - Yummy!!
This dip was Delicious Vera! I had some cream cheese that needed to be used and this turned out to be the perfect recipe to use it with! I refrigerated it overnight and forgot about the olives or I would've tried that too. My family enjoyed it with frito chips and later with carrot sticks! :D Made for ZWT4. Go Jefes! UPDATE: Tried today with the kalamata olives and it was delicious!
Followed your recipe right on down & DID add the finely chopped Kalamata olives at the end! Served this up with some regular tortilla chips but also with the corn chip scoops as well as with some yam chips ~ Very nice tasting, no matter how it's served! [Made & reviewed while touring Greece on Zaar's World Tour 4]