An amazingly easy and relatively quick (most of the time is for roasting the potato)recipe for delicious little raviolis. great with a tomato-y buttery sage kind of sauce. By way of the Chicago Tribune.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 1 teaspoon oil, salt and pepper; place on a baking sheet and bake until fork tender, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining teaspoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat; add onions.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Mash potatoes in a large bowl, leaving mixture somewhat chunky; fold in onions and cheese until well combined. Set aside.
- Lay 16 wonton skins side by side on a dry work surface. Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling into the center of each of the 16 skins; lightly brush the edges with water.
- Top with remaining 16 skins; push out any air pockets. Press to seal.
- Transfer ravioli to a parchment covered baking pan dusted with flour; place in the freezer until set, about 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 quarts of water to a boil in a stockpot over medium-high heat; add ravioli. Cook until they float to the surface, about 2 minutes.
- Drain; divide among four plates. Drizzle with sauce or sage butter.