Rob in Malibu, CA, United States's Note:
This is an authentic Greek/med salad that will make Greek or Israeli friends applaud. Trust me they all go crazy for this recipe and you can't get it this good in any Greek or Israeli restaurant I've found in the states.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup roma tomato, quartered & sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, quartered & sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive
- 1/2 cup artichoke heart, quartered
- 1/2 cup hearts of palm, sliced
- 1/2 cup avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1This dish is easy to make and a big hit full of flavor, the trick is to shop for the best ingredients possible at a good grocery story. If you get good produce then the rest is cake.
- 2Watch your fingers with this one as it's all slicing and chopping with a sharp knife.
- 3You'll need a big serving/mixing salad bowl.
- 4Prepare all the above items and then mix/toss.
- 5Enjoy with loads of red wine, pita, hummus, grilled chicken kabobs, basmati rice, and endlessly silly dancing with fun Greek friends. Don't even THINK about adding lettuce to this recipe, you'll blow it you silly American! :).
- 6This dish serves four but I usually make it for groups of 20 so just time 5 and it works great! Same with the wine.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rob's Mind Blowing Authentic Greek Salad (Serves 4)
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.2
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 4385.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 8.7 g