Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This is an authentic Greek/med salad that will make Greek or Israeli friends applaud. Trust me they all go crazy for this recipe and you can't get it this good in any Greek or Israeli restaurant I've found in the states.
- 1 cup roma tomato, quartered & sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, quartered & sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup hearts of palm, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup avocado, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- This dish is easy to make and a big hit full of flavor, the trick is to shop for the best ingredients possible at a good grocery story. If you get good produce then the rest is cake.
- Watch your fingers with this one as it's all slicing and chopping with a sharp knife.
- You'll need a big serving/mixing salad bowl.
- Prepare all the above items and then mix/toss.
- Enjoy with loads of red wine, pita, hummus, grilled chicken kabobs, basmati rice, and endlessly silly dancing with fun Greek friends. Don't even THINK about adding lettuce to this recipe, you'll blow it you silly American! :).
- This dish serves four but I usually make it for groups of 20 so just time 5 and it works great! Same with the wine.
Oh man, oh man, oh man. That is a great salad, filled with all kinds of good stuff. The dressing is tangy and the herbs are perfect with all the vegetables. I am more salt sensitive than many are so I significantly reduced the salt to about a teaspoon (and probably could have reduced that a bit more too due to the saltiness of the feta I used). Prep time for me was significantly more than 5 minutes though (I'm not a speed chopper by any means).