This is a quick Greek salad from Cooking Light Superfast Suppers. Posted for ZWT 2008.
Make and share this Romaine and Greek Vegetable Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 16 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, chopped and peeled
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 12 coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese with dried basil and tomato
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently.
- Add dressing and cheese just before serving.
- Toss gently and serve.
Wonderful salad! My mom made this, and the only thing she did differently is to add artichoke hearts and make her own Greek vinaigrette. The garbanzo beans are a different addition from most Greek salads, but they add something nice to it. Yum!
Quick & easy side salad. I did use more tomatoes and used Grecian Salad Dressing for the dressing. Thank you for shating your recipe! Made for ZWT4.
This is quick and good too! I scaled the recipe down for one. Thanks for a nice, light lunch! Made for ZWT4!