1/6 Photos of Rosemary-Mustard Roast Leg of Lamb
8 hrs 20 mins
Before coming to Zaar I seldom cooked lamb. Now I fix it often. This recipe was in one of those supermarket booklets. I made a couple of changes and we loved the results. The cooking time includes the time needed to allow the roast to marinade in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the lamb under running water, blot dry.
- 2With the tip of a sharp knife, make several pockets at random intervals in the meat.
- 3Put a sliver of garlic in each, roll the meat into a roll and tie with cooking twine.
- 4Mix the mustard, rosemary and black pepper together.
- 5Rub over the outside of the rolled meat, wrap meat in foil and place in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees, place the roast on meat rack in shallow roasting pan and insert meat thermometer into thickest part of roast.
- 7Add approximately 1 cup of warm water to bottom of roasting pan, the roast should rest on rack above the water.
- 8Place roast in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- 9Lower the temperature to 325 degrees and continue roasting for 20 minutes per pound for medium or until meat thermometer registers 145 degrees. If you like your lamb well done, you will need to adjust the cooking time to suit your taste.
- 10Remove the roast from the oven and cover with foil allowing to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- 11While meat is resting, warm about 1/2 cup of mint jelly.
- 12Slice into 10 equal portions and serve with warmed jelly.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary-Mustard Roast Leg of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.4
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 121.5 mg
- Sodium 154.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 33.9 g