Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from chef Sheri Clark of Dish restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia via Southern Living magazine. Savory, crunchy puffs of corn, these are irresistible! The herb flavored oil needs to steep 48 hrs., so make a few days before you make the popcorn. Use the leftover herb flavored oil in salad dressings, marinades, sauces, or as a condiment with French bread. I have also put in a variation for Asian popcorn.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat 3 minutes. Add popcorn kernels, rosemary sprigs, and 1 teaspoons sea salt.
- Remove mixture from heat; cover and let stand at room temperature 48 hours.
- Drain kernels, reserving oil; discard rosemary sprigs.
- Place 3 tbls. of the herb flavored oil in a Dutch oven(I use a high sided cast iron skillet).
- Cook kernels, covered, over high heat, shaking pan often for 4 minutes until popping begins to slow. Remove popcorn from heat, and let stand 2 minutes or until popping stops.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. Add remaining salt, pine nuts, and chopped rosemary, and toss.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- For quick and easy Asian popcorn, omit steeping kernels step. Substitute 2 1/2 tbls. dark sesame oil plus 1/2 tbls. hot chili oil for olive oil.