From Sandra's Money Saving Meals, she uses the portobello mushroom stems from Farm Fresh Portobella Burgers to make the filling for these yummy zucchini boats.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3⁄4-1 cup portobello mushroom stems, chopped (the leftover stems from 4 portobello mushrooms)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (to make it Greek, use crumbled feta cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 350* F.
- Slice the 2 zucchini lengthwise, scoop out the seeds from the center(I put in freezer to use for making broth) and put on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients except for 2 tablespoons of the cheese.
- Fill the centers of each zucchini half with the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the filling.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the filling is golden brown and toasted, about 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!