Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Greeks love 'Rossiki Salata', a yummy potato/vegetable salad bound with more mayonnaise than you'd think possible (add mayonnaise as per your liking - in Greece they use A LOT of it). Try making your own mayonnaise for this.
- Cut all the vegetables into small dice (leave peas and corn whole).
- Transfer everything to a large bowl and stir carefully to combine.
- Adjust seasoning by adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Put in a pretty bowl and spread over top with a thin layer of mayonnaise to'frost'.
- Decorate with some cooked carrot strips, sliced olives, capers and gherkin strips.
Tell the Greeks Americans like this too, and thanks for sharing it! Beautiful colors, wonderful flavors. Soft, crunchy, sweet, sour, ououou! I made a small version for the two of us and decided to just fold the lite mayo in. Big mistake. We had pink Russian salad, so follow the recipe and frost the salad with the mayo. Oh, and don't add the beets until just before you serve the salad.
Excellent Rossiki Salata! I use to always buy store-bought, NOT any more! This was so simple to put together. I must confess, I omitted the BEETS for personal preference. I add a Box of Frozen Mixed Veggies (ie~Peas/Carrots/Corn). I also added boiled/ chopped up egg, in addition to the other ingredients EV mentions! Came out AWESOME ~ THANKS !