1/2 Photos of Rustic Greek Pie
This is a really beautiful pie and does have a great rustic look about it. Delicious served hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to moderately hot 200oC (400oF).
- 2Squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach.
- 3Place the pastry sheet on a baking tray and spread the spinach in the middle, leaving a 3cm (1 1/4 inch) border.
- 4Sprinkle the garlic over the spinach and pile the haloumi and feta on top.
- 5Sprinkle with oregano and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Cut a short slit into each corner of the pastry sheet, then tuck each side of the pastry over to form a border around the filling.
- 7Lightly beat the eggs with the cream and carefully pour the egg mixture over the spinach filling.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the filling is set.
- 9Cut into four portions and serve with lemon wedges and a green salad.
- 10Note: If haloumi cheese is not available use all feta instead.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Greek Pie
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.8
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 136.3 mg
- Sodium 693.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: