Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Delicious appetizer from Greek With Gusto! It's way too easy to eat too much of this
Make and share this Saganaki Flambe recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices graviera (1/2 inches thick slices) or 4 slices gruyere (1/2 inches thick slices) or 4 slices provolone cheese (1/2 inches thick slices)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 ounce brandy, warmed
- Dust the cheese lightly with flour.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and when melted, fry the cheese until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove skillet from stove, pour jigger of warmed brandy over the cheese and light with a long matchstick.
- Serve immediately, when flame subsides, with lemon wedges.
Had to make this today and my husband wants to shout his thanks (I don't often flambe saganaki - just fry it up and serve). Thanks!