Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Greek salad with tomato, cucumber, olives, dill and feta cheese. Serve with crusty bread.
Make and share this Salata Horiatiki (Greek Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb tomatoes, ripe and well flavoured
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 7 ounces feta cheese
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra to serve
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ouzo
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 20 black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cut the tomatoes into chunks, and cut the cucumber in half lengthways and then across into thick slices. Slice the red onion very thinly. Crumble the feta cheese into small chunks.
- Put the olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, the red wine vinegar, ouzo and some black pepper into a large salad bowl and whisk together. Add the tomatoes, cucumber and onions and toss together gently.
- Add the feta cheese, chopped dill and olives and mix briefly, then divide among four plates.
- Drizzle the salad with a little more olive oil, sprinkle with the dried oregano and a little coarsely ground black pepper. Serve with some crusty fresh bread.
Easy and very tasty. I only put the ouzo on my portion. What a treat! It wasn't overpowering like I thought it would be. In my book, you can't go wrong with tomatoes, cucs, black olives and feta. Yum! ~Made for Zee Zesties on the ZWT6~
A classic. I really appreciated that this rendition wasn't overpowered by the vinegar - I feel most recipes call for too much acid. This was very refreshing and got no complaints here. ;-)
Made this as written, although I did hold back on the ouzo until the salads were portioned out, then put a small dash in in just two of the four ~ I got one with the full treatment, & it was absolutely great ~ Enough said! Thanks for sharing this very nice keeper! [Made & reviewed while touring Greece with ZWT6]