This is an adopted recipe, and is going to require some tweaking before I'd recommend preparing it as written. I love beets and love spinach, so I'll probably be making and revising this soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 egg yolks, hard cooked
- 1 egg yolk, raw (see future revision below)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups celery, chopped, chilled (or fennel)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, divided
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach leaves, washed & trimmed
- 2 cups beets, cooked and sliced, chilled (pickled or not, it's up to you)
- walnut halves, for garnish
- 1Put hard-cooked yolks through a sieve; add to raw yolk with olive oil and lemon juice (future revision - no raw yolk, will use 1 tablespoon prepared mayonnaise, instead).
- 2Beat with a wire whisk or puree in blender until creamy.
- 3Season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- 4Place celery (future revision - substitute fennel) and chopped walnuts in bowl.
- 5Cut 2 ounces feta cheese in cubes and add to bowl.
- 6Pour dressing over mixture and toss lightly.
- 7Line serving bowl with spinach leaves.
- 8Cut remainder of spinach into strips and place in center of dish.
- 9Mound celery mixture over spinach and ring with sliced beets.
- 10Cut remainder of feta cheese into strips and use with walnut halves to garnish salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salata me Spanakofeta (Beet and Spinach Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.6
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 100.8 mg
- Sodium 328.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g