Salmon is high in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids content and to its overall low fat levels making it a healthier alternative as a sandwich filling. These are delicious alone or served with fresh vegetable sticks and dip.
- 1 (3 ounce) flavor fresh pouch salmon
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 1 large roma tomato, sliced thin
- 3 -4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 12 slices seedless cucumber (thin slices)
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, mayonnaise, green onions, dill and lemon zest.
- Cut pita rounds in half and divide the salmon-egg mixture evenly between the 4 pockets.
- Stuff with lettuce leaves, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Top with some fresh ground black pepper and enjoy!