Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posting for ZWT6 (Greece)
Make and share this Sansathicos recipe from Food.com.
- Grind nuts, mix with sugar and crumbs; Set aside
- Take one sheet of phyllo dough and cut lengthwise to make 4 long narrow strips.
- Dab each piece very lightly with oil
- Fold over top and bottom of each piece about 1/2 inch.
- Place 1 level tablespoon of the nut mixture on one corner and fold over to form a triangle.
- Continue folding over and over until the end of the strip
- Form several layered triangles.
- Place triangles on lightly grassed pan and bake at 325o F until light golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Watch baking carefully as they burn easily.
- When done, remove from pan and allow to cool on paper toweling.
- Cook syrup ingredients together until a drop from a spoon threads
- slightly, (about 20 minutes); Do not overcook.
- When triangles are cool, dip in warm syrup for not more than one minute.
- Remove and sprinkle with slightly roasted sesame seeds.