1 hr 30 mins
Posting for ZWT6 (Greece)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb phyllo dough
- 1 1/2 lbs shelled nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pine, nuts, mixed as desired)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oil
- sesame seeds, lightly toasted, to sprinkle
- 1Grind nuts, mix with sugar and crumbs; Set aside
- 2Take one sheet of phyllo dough and cut lengthwise to make 4 long narrow strips.
- 3Dab each piece very lightly with oil
- 4Fold over top and bottom of each piece about 1/2 inch.
- 5Place 1 level tablespoon of the nut mixture on one corner and fold over to form a triangle.
- 6Continue folding over and over until the end of the strip
- 7Form several layered triangles.
- 8Place triangles on lightly grassed pan and bake at 325o F until light golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- 9Watch baking carefully as they burn easily.
- 10When done, remove from pan and allow to cool on paper toweling.
- 12Cook syrup ingredients together until a drop from a spoon threads
- 13slightly, (about 20 minutes); Do not overcook.
- 14When triangles are cool, dip in warm syrup for not more than one minute.
- 15Remove and sprinkle with slightly roasted sesame seeds.
Nutritional Facts for Sansathicos
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.7
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 367.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 8.1 g