Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A succulent slow-roasted leg of lamb with herbs, lemons and red wine
Make and share this Santorini Roasted Leg of Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- 6 lbs leg of lamb
- 1⁄4 cup dried mint flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium lemons, cut in half
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Trim excess fat and silver skin from lamb leg.
- Make crisscross cut in both sides of leg, about 1/2 inch deep.
- Mix all other ingredients, except lemons, together and allow wet ingredients to partially hydrate dried herbs for 15 minutes.
- Place lamb in roasting pan and rub marinade all over lamb on both sides, making sure to get lots into the cuts. Squeeze lemons gently over lamb.
- Cut up potatoes and onions if desired and place around roast, along with lemons.
- Cover and roast at 300 degrees until internal temperature reaches 170.
- degrees, approximately 30 minutes per pound.
- Remove cover and roast at 425 degrees until skin is browned.
very nice very flavourful lamb- i fear i overcooked it tho for my inlaws my father in law kept checking on it ans said it needed longer. i like lamb pink in the middle he doesnt. next time i may turn it down and do it over a longer time or have it pink with my husband
This was a very flavorful roast lamb! We enjoyed it so much! I roasted the lamb with carrots, potatoes and onions and served with the juices accumulated while roasting. Thank you, Auntie Mags : )