Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A succulent slow-roasted leg of lamb with herbs, lemons and red wine
Make and share this Santorini Roasted Leg of Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- Trim excess fat and silver skin from lamb leg.
- Make crisscross cut in both sides of leg, about 1/2 inch deep.
- Mix all other ingredients, except lemons, together and allow wet ingredients to partially hydrate dried herbs for 15 minutes.
- Place lamb in roasting pan and rub marinade all over lamb on both sides, making sure to get lots into the cuts. Squeeze lemons gently over lamb.
- Cut up potatoes and onions if desired and place around roast, along with lemons.
- Cover and roast at 300 degrees until internal temperature reaches 170.
- degrees, approximately 30 minutes per pound.
- Remove cover and roast at 425 degrees until skin is browned.