6 hrs 15 mins
Auntie Mags's Note:
A succulent slow-roasted leg of lamb with herbs, lemons and red wine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim excess fat and silver skin from lamb leg.
- 2Make crisscross cut in both sides of leg, about 1/2 inch deep.
- 3Mix all other ingredients, except lemons, together and allow wet ingredients to partially hydrate dried herbs for 15 minutes.
- 4Place lamb in roasting pan and rub marinade all over lamb on both sides, making sure to get lots into the cuts. Squeeze lemons gently over lamb.
- 5Cut up potatoes and onions if desired and place around roast, along with lemons.
- 6Cover and roast at 300 degrees until internal temperature reaches 170.
- 7degrees, approximately 30 minutes per pound.
- 8Remove cover and roast at 425 degrees until skin is browned.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santorini Roasted Leg of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.8
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.3 mg
- Sodium 159.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 51.1 g