1/1 Photo of Savoury Mediterranean Biscotti
1 hr 25 mins
Good to serve along with a glass of wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (preferably greek)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped kalamata olive
- 1In large bowl, beat eggs and sugar.
- 2Add olive oil until smooth.
- 3In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and basil and oregano.
- 4Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture until blended.
- 5Stir in cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and olives and combine thoroughly.
- 6Divide dough into 2 pieces and shape each into a log about 10 inches long.
- 7Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet and flatten tops slightly.
- 8Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 30 minutes or until pale golden and not quite firm to the touch.
- 9Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes.
- 10Transfer to cutting board and slice into 1/2 inch diagonal slices with serrated knife.
- 11Place pieces on baking sheet and return to 325°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm and dry.
- 12Turn over partway through cooking time.
- 13Cool on rack.
- 14Makes about 3 dozen.
- 15Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Mediterranean Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.6
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 146.0 mg
- Sodium 1238.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 23.2 g