This is out of a Greek Cookbook that I gave my Son-in-law as a gift. He loves to cook! He has a very lucky wife.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped (in juice)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (such as parsley, oregano or marjoram)
- salt and pepper
- 14 ounces macaroni (such as long hollow Greek or other short pasta)
- 14 ounces seafood, mixed frozen, thawed and drained
- Heat oil (2tbls) in large saucepan, add onion and garlic, fry for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Pour the wine into the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, the sugar, chopped herbs, salt and pepper and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes or till tender.
- Drain the pasta and return to pan.
- Add the remaining 1 tbl oil and toss together.
- Add seafood to tomato sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes until heated through.
- Serve the seafood on top of the pasta.