Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this wonderful shrimp recipe on USA Rice Federation website and we just love it. Though the recipe calls for Feta with basil and tomato..we preferred the plain.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup julienne strips red bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (thawed if frozen)
- 3 cups cooked rice (hot medium or long grain white rice)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese with dried basil and tomato or 1 cup plain feta cheese
- toasted pine nuts (optional) or sliced almonds (optional)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add raisins and bell pepper;
- sauté 1 minute.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper; toss until spinach is just wilted.
- Add shrimp; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add hot rice and feta cheese.
- Toss all ingredients until heated through and cheese is soft and creamy.
- Top with toasted nuts, if desired.
I left out the raisins and it was still really good! We all loved it here. Used FF feta to cut down on the fat and it worked out great!
Excellent and easy. Good company dish.
I and my family love this recipe. We are not big spinach eaters but this was tasty and wonderful. Only change i made was to use broken shrimp and scallops to make it a wonderful fish entree. I also preferred the plain feta and used the lowfat one to reduce the fat even more. Regular on monthly plan