I found this wonderful shrimp recipe on USA Rice Federation website and we just love it. Though the recipe calls for Feta with basil and tomato..we preferred the plain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup julienne strips red bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (thawed if frozen)
- 3 cups cooked rice (hot medium or long grain white rice)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese with dried basil and tomato or 1 cup plain feta cheese
- toasted pine nuts (optional) or sliced almonds (optional)
- 1Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add raisins and bell pepper;
- 3sauté 1 minute.
- 4Add spinach, salt and pepper; toss until spinach is just wilted.
- 5Add shrimp; sauté 30 seconds.
- 6Add hot rice and feta cheese.
- 7Toss all ingredients until heated through and cheese is soft and creamy.
- 8Top with toasted nuts, if desired.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Creamy Spinach-Feta Rice
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 147.3 mg
- Sodium 387.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
feta cheese with dried basil and tomato