1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Way Ana Sortun tops stuffed zucchini with a tangy sauce of feta, olive oil and Hungarian peppers (spicy wax chiles). Nice presentation and taste great :)! From The Next Big Mediterranean Flavors, Pairing of the Day: July 2009 F&W Magazine, Published July 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb shelled and deveined large shrimp, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 6 small round zucchini (2 1/2 pounds) or 6 small oblong zucchini, halved lengthwise (2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta (6 ounces)
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2In a skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the onion, bell pepper, fennel and garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until tender, 6 minutes.
- 3Add the tomatoes and crushed red pepper and cook, mashing, until thickened, 5 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and black pepper. Remove from the heat; let cool slightly.
- 5Stir in the shrimp, parsley and dill.
- 6Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the zucchini, leaving a 1/4-inch shell all around. Rub with oil. Season the zucchini shells with salt and pepper and stuff with the filling.
- 7Transfer to a lightly oiled roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes, until the filling is cooked through and the zucchini is just tender.
- 8Preheat the broiler and position a rack 6 inches from the heat. Top the zucchini with the feta and broil for 5 minutes, until the feta is melted and golden.
- 9Serve the stuffed zucchini hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp-And-Feta-Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.5
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 119.7 mg
- Sodium 528.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 19.4 g