1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Lemon Skewers With Feta Dill Sauce
I adopted this recipe after the original poster left Zaar. I haven't tried the recipe, yet, but will make any necessary edits when I do. The original comments: "From Food and Wine June 2004. I made these for my Memorial day Party and everyone wanted the recipe. They are fabulous! The Feta Dill sauce has a nice clean, summery taste to it."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 scallion, white and light green parts only thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (2 ounces)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, EXTRA LARGE, if available
- 2 lemons, cut into 12 wedges
- 1Light the grill.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, mix the yogurt with the scallion, 1/4 of the garlic and 1/2 tablespoon of the dill.
- 3Stir in the Feta, mashing it slightly.
- 4season with salt and pepper.
- 5In a large bowl, combine the remaining minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of dill and olive oil.
- 6Add shrimp and lemon, season with salt and pepper.
- 7Toss to coat well.
- 8Thread 3-4 shrimp with 2 lemon wedges per skewer.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Grill over medium-hot fire, turning occasionaly, until the shrimp are charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 11Transfer skewers onto a platter and serve at once with Feta-Dill Sauce.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Lemon Skewers With Feta Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 242.3 mg
- Sodium 377.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 34.0 g