Food & Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb orzo pasta (about 1 cup)
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 scallions, including green tops chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped black olives, such as Kalamata
- 1/4 lb feta, crumbled
- 1In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until almost done, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add the shrimp to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until both the shrimp and orzo are done, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Drain thoroughly.
- 3In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano; add the oil slowly, whisking.
- 4Add the orzo and shrimp, the scallions, olives, and feta to the dressing and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Orzo Salad With Greek Flavors
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.9
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 198.0 mg
- Sodium 782.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 35.0 g