Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Food & Wine.
Make and share this Shrimp and Orzo Salad With Greek Flavors recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta (about 1 cup)
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 scallions, including green tops chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted and chopped black olives, such as Kalamata
- 1⁄4 lb feta, crumbled
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until almost done, about 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until both the shrimp and orzo are done, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Drain thoroughly.
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano; add the oil slowly, whisking.
- Add the orzo and shrimp, the scallions, olives, and feta to the dressing and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.