Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is again another recipe for World Tour. off of Greek Cuisine again.
Make and share this Shrimp in White Wine recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 -6 tablespoons chives, coarsley chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fish stock or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a deep skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the chives for 2 minutes. Add the mussels or shrimps, and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the wine, and when it starts to boil, add the mustard, chili pepper flakes, half the parsley, and the water or stock. Cook for about 3 minutes, then add the lemon juice, feta cheese, and the rest of the parsley. Do not stir (cause of the cheese), but shake the pan to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Remove from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve. It can also be refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.
This was good, but I would reccomend using fish stock, or chicken stock to increase the flavour. Thanx!
I chose this for its ease and quickness. Next time I will use less wine, fish stock, and parsley....and add as much as 1 Tbl.of Dijon mustard. My DH and I enjoyed it, there wasn't a shrimp to be found.