1/3 Photos of Shrimp With Feta Cheese
mary winecoff's Note:
This dish, served over hot rice or orzo, has white wine, lemon juice, olive oil and wonderful herbs. You may use dried herbs or fresh. Double the amount of herbs if using fresh. The feta cheese is sprinkled on top. Posted for ZWT 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- parsley (to garnish)
- 1Cook and stir onions and garlic in oil in large skillet over medium heat until onion is tender.
- 2Stir in wine, basil, oregano, salt, red pepper and tomatoes.
- 3Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- 4Stir in shrimp and lemon juice. Cover and cook until shrimp is pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- 6Serve with hot cooked rice or orzo pasta.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 186.1 mg
- Sodium 639.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 27.5 g