Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I got from my daughters Greek friend. She made this we all enjoyed it so much I just had to have the recipe.
- 1 large onion (chopped )
- 2 garlic cloves (minced )
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash red pepper
- 28 ounces plum tomatoes (drained & chopped )
- 1 lb raw shrimp (shelled and deveined )
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- In a large pan saute onion and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Stir in the wine, basil, oregano, salt, red pepper and tomatoes.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook until shrimp is pink (3-5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.