Good side dishes would be sautéed spinach and rice pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons ouzo
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth (or dry white wine)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, then add the garlic and cook about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- 3Remove from heat, add the Ouzo and Vermouth, then return to heat and stir, allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
- 4After liquid has evaporated, add the parsley, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar.
- 5Simmer the sauce, uncovered, over medium-low heat for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the shrimp to the sauce and cover the pan. Cook shrimp until they turn pink and opaque white, about 5-10 minutes. (Since these cook quickly, be sure to have your side dishes ready before you add the shrimp.).
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper, keeping in mind that the Feta can often be salty.
- 8Add the Feta either in the pan if you want it to melt a bit, or add to the plates as garnish.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Tomato and Feta (Garides Me Domata Kai Feta)
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 255.2 mg
- Sodium 1167.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: