Good side dishes would be sautéed spinach and rice pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons ouzo
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth (or dry white wine)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, then add the garlic and cook about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- 3Remove from heat, add the Ouzo and Vermouth, then return to heat and stir, allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
- 4After liquid has evaporated, add the parsley, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar.
- 5Simmer the sauce, uncovered, over medium-low heat for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the shrimp to the sauce and cover the pan. Cook shrimp until they turn pink and opaque white, about 5-10 minutes. (Since these cook quickly, be sure to have your side dishes ready before you add the shrimp.).
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper, keeping in mind that the Feta can often be salty.
- 8Add the Feta either in the pan if you want it to melt a bit, or add to the plates as garnish.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Tomato and Feta (Garides Me Domata Kai Feta)
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 255.2 mg
- Sodium 1167.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: